UPDATE 7/26/2018: I’ve tried several times to overcome the write error, the freezing, the non-overwriting original filename, etc. and this program just does not let me complete my work using what it advertises as its capabilities. I still want to believe this program can be great but it needs a deep updating to fix the bugs listed below!
It seems like a robust interface but there are some problems that need addressed:
1. The startup screen is pegged and immovable so good luck dragging and dropping from the finder on a 13” MacBook Pro. How about just an normal movable screen or better yet, make the icon in the tray droppable?
2. Why can I only “drop a pin” in San Francisco? Why can’t I have the location set on the map and drop the pin in the center of the map viewport so I don’t have to zoom out and grab the pin from San Francisco, move it across the globe, and then zoom in, grab pin and drop, zoom in, grab pin and drop, zoom in, grab pin and drop on final location?
3. I can’t get this program to overwrite the original file with the original file name. As much as I think I’ve programmed the changes to be “original location” and the program tells me in a help tip that it WILL overwrite the original if the filename is the same, I instead get “ (1)” added before the .suffix. Why? I just want the same file name with the updated EXIF metadata applied. Simple (yet it’s not!)
4. Customizable date format. Many are provided, yet good luck trying to use YYYYMMDD. Just let me specify the character build by using variables like “YYYY” for the four digit year, or “YY” for two, etc.
5. Writing the new files often (50% of the time) produces an error that I don’t have access to the storage location. I always put the edited photo back in the source folder which is a location on my hard drive. How can it not have access to write?? Trying a second time by pressing Start Process just produces the infamous beachball which leaves me no choice but to Force Quit and loose all my editing! THIS ONE IS MOST FRUSTRATING!!
What I love:
1. Presets for common copyright, owner, etc. data
2. Feature-rich choices for the most common and some obscure metadata
Please work on the items listed above (1.-5. —> 5. AS THE NUMBER ONE BUG BIX) in the next release, and thank you for a good (can be great!) program.